Advocacy and Adoption
Reliance on ISA/IEC 62443 in Public Policy
ISAGCA Advocacy & Adoption
Adoption Status of Laws, Regulations, and Standards
Domestic and Global Efforts
The ISAGCA Advocacy Team works with various stakeholders to encourage reliance upon ISA/IEC 62443 in laws, regulations, and other standards. We are continuing our work to engage government agencies in these efforts and engage other standards organizations.
- Qatar's National Cyber Security Agency recommends reliance on ISA/IEC 62443 for the electricity and water sector.
- Brazil has nationally adopted ISA/IEC 62443.
- Singapore created a law that references ISA/IEC 62443.
- India created a national standard that references ISA/IEC 62443.
- Malaysia created regulations that reference ISA/IEC 62443.
- The European Union meets monthly to work with IEC standards committees to help them reference ISA/IEC 62443 which is recognized as a horizontal standard to provide cybersecurity standards for various IEC standards. Many of the IEC standards committees plan to public a major revision of their standards by 2025.
- The NEC (National Electrical Code) 2023 Requirements for Critical Operations Power Systems includes references to ISA/IEC 62443 and the ISA Security Compliance Institute.
Collaboration and Partnerships
ISAGCA has established relationships with other organizations to identify opportunities to collaborate on ISA/IEC 62443 advocacy and adoption efforts in their work.
ISA Bulk Power System Workgroup is working with DOE to secure the Bulk Power System (BPS) Supply Chain based on a response to a Request for Information on “Securing Critical Electric Infrastructure.”
Oil and Gas
LOGIIC (Linking the Oil & Gas Industry to Improve Cybersecurity) is a consortium of five large oil companies who work on projects and studies to improve cybersecurity capabilities of OT systems.
Open Process Automation Forum is developing a standards-based, open, secure, interoperable process control architecture.
ISAGCA has also established relationship with government organizations to collaborate on ISA/IEC 62443 advocacy and adoption efforts:
Additional Projects on Adoption
ISAGCA funds projects designed to improve the adoption of ISA/IEC 62443:
- IIoT Architectures Project
- Cross Reference Project
- Formal liaison between ISAGCA and ISA99 WG9
- A&A Work Group Led by ISA Staff
Public Policy Advocacy
ISAGCA resources for public policy to support US critical infrastructure: